This past week, I had the pleasure of experiencing a true bra fitting session, with Houston’s Livi Rae Lingerie Rep, Alicia Waiters. Now in my past bra experiences, I never took the time and effort to get fitted (I know that sucks, right?!) because I wasn’t truly educated on the anatomy of bras and our breasts. Your undergarments as a whole, can make or break your outfit, whether you’re at work or going out for the night. I learned through my bra fit session, that the right fit gives you more confidence in your posture and how you feel in your clothes. Who doesn’t want to feel confident everyday in their clothes?!
How the session works:
- Book your appointment w/ a mobile bra fitter
- They can come to you or you can go to them
- The certified bra fitter brings 2 suitcases full of all types of bras
- Assessment of your bra size and what types you need (based on lifestyle)
- Try on the bras you like
- Pick and buy the one(s) you need
- Keep in contact with your bra fitter
As a woman of size, I can’t wear the average bra so having someone more knowledgeable of what I need helps a lot! I was sized at either 38 DDD or 40 DD, I wasn’t in the wrong size but my current bras needed to go. With my busy schedule and always moving around, it’s good to keep 3-4 bras in rotation. Below are the 4 bras I tried on; the top is the name of the bra and the bottom is the style.
Livi Rae Lingerie also provides an extensive knowledge of how to put on a bra:
- Put in on from the side so you don’t stretch out the fabric
- Bend at the waist when putting it on, so that your breasts are fully in the cup
- As for washing your bras:
- Hand wash only
- Use a gentle wash or Livi Rae’s (1-2x a week)
- Lay flat to dry on a towel
Following these steps will ensure long-lasting bras and proper fit! If you want to get fitted, be sure to contact your local fitter at Liviraelingerie.com !
Thanks for reading!