For the up coming Spring Break season, there will be lots of traveling, bonding with friends and gaining new experiences. One thing that might not be as fun, is the packing process, (*eye roll*) which I know I definitely do not enjoy. Since most of the time I’m traveling by flight, bus or car, I like to limit myself to one “carry-on” bag and my purse or tote. It’s so much easier to travel with and makes traveling more enjoyable.
I’d like to offer my Favorite Five Tips in my traveling experiences, to guide you into becoming a better packer for your upcoming excursions! So keep reading and enjoy!
Favorite Five Tips:
1. Know your destination- Research where you are traveling to so you know what to pack; are you going out at night? Walking or using public transportation? What’s the weather like? ASK these questions!
2. Choose the right size bag- Nothing worse than having the wrong size bag to pack your stuff in. Choose something that’s right for you and that you can carry around if you are doing a lot of walking and riding (bus, car, or bike maybe?) . I love bags from Victoria’s Secret, Shop Bop, and Fab, most of them are reasonable and some are pretty expensive. As well find smaller bags for your toiletries and make-up at Forever 21, I LOVE their bags for make-up and my girly needs, they always have cute looks and are functional for traveling.
3. Rolling Method- Are you a roller or a folder? Either method is great to use, but I suggest using the rolling method to save time and space if you’re going on a 3-5 day trip. This video I found is pretty helpful too!
4. Pack only what you need- I used to over pack or under pack, either way I was always irritated about my packing situation, because something was never worn or I ended up leaving items (make a list of everything too). Also, one thing that truly annoys me when flying is that you can’t take over 3 oz. of certain liquids, so most of the time I get my toiletries when I arrive to my destination. If you don’t know what to pack in regards to liquids and toiletries, then I suggest you check out tsa.gov for the “3-1-1 Carry-On” rules, it will save you time and frustration. TRUST me, because you will end up like me and get your newly bought body sprays thrown away! (That was a sad day) But unless you are checking a bag, then by all means pack as much as you want, this is just a guide for people like me wanting to save money and time when it comes to packing.
5. Take Pictures of your outfits- This process can be tedious, but do this at least 2 weeks in advance of your trip, especially if you hate packing. Taking pictures of your outfits and accessories helps you figure out exactly what you need to pack.
Those are my Five Tips that help me have successful traveling experiences and I hope they help you too! As well I also created a style board to show you how much you really need to pack. Share this post with your friends and family so they too can travel better!
Well that’s all for now! Have a great weekend!